I have recently been upgrading all our lab to vSphere 6.0 and have come across an interesting error everytime I login to the vSphere Web Client.
Error 1063 vSphere Web Client
The error is “An internal error has occured – Error #1063”.
I actually migrated my previous version of vCenter 5.5 to vCenter 6.0 using the inbuilt upgrade. This actually deploys a new vCenter Server Appliance with version 6.0 and migrates all the information from the previous appliance, including all the plugins.
I would receive this error everytime I tried to click the Actions menu on any object. Didn’t matter whether it was a host or a VM, this error always popped up. Clicking yes never solved it, I couldn’t do anything.
Then I started thinking about the upgrade. I wonder if a plugin that was installed on the previous 5.5 version had been migrated across and was causing a conflict.
I checked the installed and enabled plugins. This is really easy to do:
- From Home, Select Administration
- Under Solutions, Select Client-Plug-Ins
- In the Client Plug-ins window check for any plugins that might be causing an issue.
- Select the plugin, right click and select Disable.
- Click Yes to disable the selected plug-in
- Click OK to re-load the vSphere Web Client
That it, once re-loaded you should not experience the error any more.
It appears that in my case, the old version of the VMware vCenter Operations plugin was causing an issue, so by disabling this plugin my vSphere web client is now running perfectly.
Super solution. Now my vcenter web client workine fine.