VMware has just opened up an open beta for VMware vCloud Director 8.0 version. This is a major new release of vCloud Director and has lots of integration with new and important products to enable cloud providers deliver a true seamless cloud experience.
I am now hearing people say, why would I want to test vCloud Director? Well, firstly if you are a service provider and are part of the vCloud Air Network, this will eventually become the latest version that you will be deploying. Secondly, it comes packed with cool features and integration with other VMware products. Just look at the list:
- vSphere 6.0 and NSX 6.1 compatibility
- Virtual Data Center (VDC) templates for self service enablement of OnDemand infrastructure
- vApp enhancements for better usability
- VM limits and throttling to drive better operation efficiency and minimize noisy neighbor issues in multi-tenant environments
- OAuth suport in authentication providers
- Better provisioning and automation support with a new vRealize Orchestrator Plugin
Sign up for vCloud Director 8.0 Beta
If you are interested in signing up for the beta, follow this link beta.vchs.vmware.com
Once you have signed up, you can provide feedback to the product management team on feature capabilities, your opinions on how well it works, and how you think it possibly be improved. Now is your chance to have your voice heard on a key product for cloud providers.
This page will allow you to participate in any of the vCloud Air open beta offerings that are being launched. You can also sign up for the SQL to SQL vCloud Air DR beta too, which is a new database DR solution that provides a fully managed, easy to set up, cloud-based disaster recovery option for on-premises relational databases. vCloud Air SQL DR offers full protection from catastrophic failures and unplanned outages.