Recently N2WS and Veeam released the latest version of N2WS Backup and Recovery providing native AWS backups and disaster recovery. This is an exciting release, and has some great new capabilities to provide in-depth control of the AWS EC2 and RDS resources being used by customers running multiple workload types in Amazon AWS.
N2WS Backup & Recovery 2.5 GA
Some key features of this release include:
- N2WS Resource Control – the lightswitch for your AWS environment: Start/Stop/Hibernate idle Amazon EC2 and RDS instance groups on-demand or automatically
- S3 Cost reduction and improved performance
- Enhanced S3 Copy logging
- Added new region – Stockholm + New GovCloud (including cross-region DR!)
- Expanded range of APIs allowing you to configure alerts and recovery targets
- ALL available APIs via the CLI
With the new feature of resource control, users can now create groups of EC2 instances and RDS instances and specify power on, power off times throughout the day. This allows for significant reduction in costs by only running instances when they are needed rather than leaving them running for continuous periods.
Its worth a test drive thats for sure. Check it out here.