RISC OS Raspberry PI
Great news, the latest Release Candiate for RISC OS on the Raspberry PI was released on the 13th March. There is quite a few bug fixes in this RC, which is good news for us PI users.
For more information on the RC from the RISC OS Open site click here
You can download the pre-packaged SD image from Raspberry PI download page
This is a summary of the bug fixes with this RC:
- Multiple screen banks are now supported, up to the limits imposed by the GPU.
- Interrupts are now enabled while waiting for messages to be passed to the VideoCore, which improves general interrupt latency of the system greatly.
- The default monitor definition includes a 640 × 500 mode for Teletext emulation.
Enhanced to mount FAT32 formatted DOS discs (or image files) up to 4G-1 in size.
- Extend upper permissable file size to 4GB-1 bytes.
- Fix for an abort mounting old map discs.
- Fix for OS_FSControl 52 not reporting the correct use of sectors when querying an offset on a long filenames FileCore format disc.
- FileSwitch will now attempt to automatically extend the memory slot when loading an AIF (application) so that users aren’t presented with “No writeable memory at this address” when double clicking on a large application.
- Fix for ensuring a file’s allocation when at the maximum size supported by the API (4G-1).
- Fix for an abort when a malformed path was passed to FileSwitch.
Support has been added for a “wide” key handler format for keyboards with more keys than a conventional PC keyboard.
- Support has been added for a “wide” key handler format for keyboards with more keys than a conventional PC keyboard.
- A new subreason (6) for OS_NVMemory allows callers to query what the kernel’s default CMOS value is on reset.
- The range of OS_CallAfter and OS_CallEvery has been extended to allow times over 2 billion centiseconds.
- The kernel now adapts the maximum number of interrupt sources it can support at runtime by querying the HAL.
- Teletext emulation (aka MODE 7) now runs in 256 colour high resolution.
No longer times out when zero padding a file over 2G in size, and allows the server to pad locally rather than having to transfer lots of packets over the network, which was slow.
The default CLI greeting message can now be set by the user with text in system variable CLI$Greeting.
Fix for an abort when interactive help was enabled.
Overly long product names are now limited in the display of *SDIODEVICES.
Use of *SPEAKER for a mixer which is present but has no speaker output no longer reports an error.
Modes that cannot be supported by the graphics driver are now filtered out, so that (for example) the display manager no longer gives the impression that they can be selected.
- Updated to the latest version from the Raspberry Pi foundation, to support the newer VideoCore firmware.
- In addition, as the licence no longer conflicts with the operating system shared source licence, the module now appears in ROM rather than needing to be disc loaded.